Tuesday 24 September 2013

A country I would like to visit

It´s quite complicated to choose just one place that I would like to visit, because I´ve always wanted to visit every continent, country and place in the world, just like an adventurer, getting to know the different cultures and visiting places with beautiful landscapes.

But if I´m forced to select just one country that I would like to visit the most, I´ll probably choose somewhere in Asia, somewhere like Nepal. I think Nepal could be a very interesting place to visit, because it´s in a completely different continent, with cultures that contrast with our own culture; I think that´s what makes those countries so attractive for foreign people: we are not all the identical and that´s a fascinating fact. 
So, in first place, I would like to visit this country because of the differences with my own culture and  I would like to know their culture better, trying not to judge it. 
There´s something in this kind of country which has always gathered my attention, and that is their religions (Hinduism and Buddhism) and the way that it impacts their daily life. I believe that, because of their religion and of course other factors, they have a very different way of living their lives, especially because they´re not always running around, they lead their lives slowly, slow-paced, with no hurries (at least they don´t let that take control of their lives). I´ll visit all their temples and sacred places (if they allow me to), and get to know people that are relevant in those religions. Also, I believe they live more in contact with nature, and I think that is a crucial factor in life. 
So, in brief, I would visit Nepal, because I think we don´t have much information about their manner of life and our culture makes premature judgments about cultures that are not like ours. I, also, would like to get into their rhythm, to get more in contact with my soul and with nature. 
And I think I could end up living and working in there, being a shepherdess, something that I have always wanted to be. :P

3 comments:

  1. That's my girl! We agree a lot in this topic, since we both would like to visit as many different places as we can. And we choose an Asian country for this assignment! Hooray for that! Hahaha I sound like a jackass. Anyway, I really liked what you wrote, an interest about Nepal sparked in me while reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoaa! Nepal! I'm agree with you about we don't have a lot of information about them and of course I want to visit different places too. Maybe it's something of the career want to know different places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woaaa cool! my scare me the idea of going to a country so different from ours

    ReplyDelete