Tuesday 1 October 2013

A day to remember

The most remarkable day in my life was just amazing, surprising and a bit risky, just like all wonderful days to remember for the rest of our lives. It was a day where dreams came true, and everything you could think is impossible, could actually be real. So, myths can be true, and that's what I always thought, but I never had the chance to confirm it. But that day was the chance I was expecting for, I finally could confirm all my thoughts and expectations. 
That day I was in a dark, deep forest, in the north of England. Me and my family were on a picnic, just having fun and messing around. Then, when we finished eating, some of us decided to go on a little walk, through a little path that crossed the forest. It was quite scary at first, because of the darkness inside this big forest, but we knew that it was much safer than the forest itself, so we kept on walking. There was nothing much to see, it was green and darkness all around, that´s at least what we thought....
Suddenly, I stopped and looked around, I had the feeling that someone or something was staring at us, from behind the trees. I didn't see anything, but I couldn't keep the feeling apart. When I was sure that there was nothing hiding in the dark, I looked to the path.... and my family had disappeared!!! They suddenly weren't there, I just couldn't see them anywhere. 
So, I kept walking, expecting to find them right in front of me, laughing and marching on. But they were nowhere to be found. In that moment, the strange feeling I had had a minute before returned. I was sure I was being observed from the deepness of the forest. I looked right at the woods, and besides a tree there were a pair of eyes staring right at me. I didn't think it much, and got out of the path and walked into the forest, towards those sparkling eyes. I know that it was risky, but I don't regret it. 
Those pair of eyes belonged to a little elf, I was so stunned to see such thing, but thought it was wonderful, I always knew they were real. Although, it was kind of creepy, being in a dark forest, away from my family and with a strange little person (if we can call it that), that only reached my waist ( I was just 10 years old). The elf looked me in the eyes, but didn't make a sound, then it turned around and started walking into the forest. Though he didn't say anything, I knew he wanted me to follow him, I could tell because of the way he looked at me. So, I went into the forest, into it's deepness, right behind a strange, but wonderful, creature.
He lead me to a little meadow in the wood, I knew that we were in the heart of the forest. It was a beautiful place, all full of flowers and a very green grass, but there was absolutely no animals or people in it. The elf looked at me again, and like the first time, although no words came out of his little mouth, I somehow understood I had to wait for something to happen, that's what the elf wanted to say with his eyes. So I kept on waiting... and suddenly, it came out from the wood, a beautiful and magnificent creature. I know you probably won't believe me, but I know what I saw and I'm only telling the truth. It was a big, pearly white and beautiful UNICORN. I just couldn't believe my eyes, but it was there, right in front of me. As fast as it had appeared, it went back into the forest. But magic was floating in the air. The elf had disappeared too, I was all alone in a big forest, away from the path. I turned round and walked through the forest, but without knowing the way back. Although, I got back into the path and walked back to the field where my family and I had our picnic, and they were all in there, just talking. 
That was a wonderful day, where all my dreams came true, because I had seen the most beautiful creature in earth. I never went back to that forest, and now I feel like it's time to return. That's the reason why I'm, for the first time, telling this story.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD!! I backed on time when I was a child and read it Harry Potter books!! Just that in a different way, because in Harry Potter is creepy (the unicorn part) but with the elf I thought in Dobby (I can't be more potterhead XD). I like the story :)

    ReplyDelete